If you are looking for an accessible gentle walk, try the boardwalk at Plage de la Batterie in Villeneuve Loubet that leads from the marina to the River Loup near Cagnes-sur-Mer.
The boardwalk is constructed of flat decking from the Marina Baie des Anges, changing to flat gravel path towards Cagnes-sur-Mer.
The entire pathway is accessible for baby buggies/strollers, and wheelchairs.
Carparking is found at:
– Marina Baie des Anges – there are carpark spaces at the portside shops
– Or on avenue Eric Tabarly. When you get to the large Géant Casino supermarket on the main road, avenue Eric Tabarly is directly opposite the supermarket. Note: It becomes a one-way road after the first bend by the Yacht Club, and the main parking is another 100 metres on the left-hand side. There are a few designated disabled spaces in this parking too.
Facilities at this beach:
– A few beach restaurants (open in summer season). The beach is pebbles.
– There are retail shops including small supermarket, tabac, clothing stores and restaurants within the Marina Baie des Anges complex.
– Wheelchair-accessible toilets are at ground level next to the beach carpark on avenue Eric Tabarly.
– Beach volleyball court next to the beach carpark.
The walk is gentle and pleasant with views across to Nice and the airport, and you can walk from the Marina Baie des Anges all the way to Cagnes-sur-Mer.
Pingback: Accessible seaside walk - Villeneuve Loubet | W...
Pingback: Family-friendly cycling and walking : Villeneuve Loubet | Access Riviera