Undeniably the hottest event in town during Cannes Film Festival, the amfAR Cinema against AIDS charity gala is being held this evening at the beautiful Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc on the Cap d’Antibes.
One of the most successful annual benefit events, to date the event has raised more than $140 million for amfAR’s life-saving research programs and has helped keep the fight against AIDS in the global media spotlight.
Celebrities and top industry stars who will attend include Harvey Weinstein, Jake Gyllenhaal, Natalie Portman, Lewis Hamilton, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kenneth Cole, Milla Jovovich, Diane Kruger, John C. Reilly, Carine Roitfeld, Isabella Rossellini and more.
Event highlights include:
– A black and white-themed fashion show featuring top models Karlie Kloss, Karolina Kurkova and Adriana Lima who will wear designs from Tom Ford, Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Balmain and Prada. The one-off pieces will then be auctioned off to the VIP crowd.
– Music from DJ Mark Ronson, the Imagine Dragons, Mary J Blige and Charli XCX
– Gala auction including a bespoke ‘Epic Cluster’ Harry Winston necklace, and artist Jeff Koon’s sculpture ‘Coloring Book’.
Who is amfAR?
amfAR is the Foundation for AIDS Research and plays a vital role in research, support and education of HIV and AIDS. Their aim is to fund research to breakthrough a cure, and benefit events are held globally.
Did you know?
The setting in and around Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc may look familiar even if you have never been there – it is a popular location for film and television. Some filming highlights:
– The opening scene for 1971 Bond film ‘Diamonds are Forever’. As a small local bit of trivia, the French actress who featured in this uncredited role with Sean Connery was a previous Miss World winner and her father was the mayor of nearby Nice.
– The Miss Dior film starring Natalie Portman who is attending the gala tonight. See the advertisement here:
my most favourite ad ever! thank you for your post 🙂
It’s a beautiful ad shot in a beautiful location! thanks for commenting 🙂