Jazz à Juan is one of the most popular summer music festivals here on the French Riviera because the location itself is spectacular with a setting overlooking the sea, and it has an excellent concert programme that includes both classic and contemporary musicians and bands. The venue at Pinède Gould in Juan les Pins is a special location for watching local and international music as the sun sets!
The 2022 Jazz à Juan Festival will be held from July 6 – 19 with a wide variety of acts including John Legend, Gilberto Gil, Van Morrison, Snarky Puppy, George Benson, Stacey Kent, Paul Anka, Diana Krall and Herbie Hancock.
Jazz à Juan 2022 Programme
The festival kicks off with ’20eVictoires du Jazz’ on June 30. Wednesday 6 July sees Cecile McLorin Salvant and George Benson take to the stage from 8.30pm onwards. Throughout the Festival, highlights include Snarky Puppy, a Grammy Award-winning band with a mix of trumpets, drums, saxophones, violins and percussion who are playing on Saturday 9 July, Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio and John Legend on Sunday 10 July, Van Morrison and Stacey Kent on Wednesday 13 July and Tigran Hamasyan and Herbie Hancock on Monday 18 July.
FOR THE FULL JAZZ À JUAN 2022 PROGRAMME, GO HERE: JUAN LES PINS JAZZ FESTIVAL PROGRAMME 2022
Jazz à Petite Pinède | Marching Bands | Le Jazz Club
During the Festival, free mini concerts will be held:
- From 7.15pm onwards at Petite Pinède in Juan les Pins (Petite Pinède is located opposite Sweet Caffé and the Garden Beach Hotel).
- Marching bands every Tuesday and Thursday from July 5 to August 18 between 7.30pm-8.30pm.
- Le Jazz Club at 11pm with Niels Indjein at the Ambassadeur Hotel on chemin des Sables in Juan les Pins from July 9 to July 18.
The programme for these sessions are:
Jazz à Juan Main Venue / Facilities
The main venue for Jazz à Jazz is Pinède Gould, the pine tree grove in Juan les Pins overlooking the bay of Juan les Pins.
For concert goers, you’ll find an intimate open-air concert site that is wheelchair accessible and located on flat ground, excluding the Tribunes/Gallery Seats/Category 2 with stairs.
I have found that in previous years there are always plenty of ushers, first aid staff and security staff, so the site support for the Festival is excellent – this includes assistance for concert goers with special needs and/or first aid help. Festival facilities include:
- Plenty of bilingual (French & English language) ticket ushers, first aid staff and security staff.
- Accessible concert viewing areas are located to each side of the Carré d’Or. Accessible toilets are situated on Boulevard Baudoin (beside the Pinède playground).
- The nearest pay parking is found at the Palais des Congrès, Port Gallice, Hotel Ambassadeurs and Garden Beach Hotel, all open 24 hours.
- Food and drink outlets are selling water, soft drinks, snacks, draught beer and Champagne.
- Jazz on the Beach is a neighbouring VIP experience hosted on the beach with dinner from 7pm, enabling you to experience the concert of your choice as a privileged guest.
Jazz à Juan 2022: Which Tickets To Buy
As per the map above, if you want to sit directly in front of the stage and enjoy the main acts less than 20 metres away, the optimal tickets to buy are Carré d’Or (Golden Zone). The next best seat category are Category 1.
The Juan les Pins Jazz Festival offer a variety of tickets with different price brackets.
Notes: The ‘Standing Only’ (Zone Debout) tickets are not sold until Category 3 tickets are sold out. The Festival has some hugely popular acts this year such as John Legend, Van Morrison and Diana Krall so get your tickets far in advance to avoid disappointment!
To buy your tickets for the 2022 Festival, go to the official website www.jazzajuan.com, visit the Juan les Pins Tourist Office located in the Palais des Congrès (60 chemin des Sables, 06160 Juan les Pins) or the tourism office at Place Guynemer in Antibes. There is also a ticket office at the main venue which sells tickets from 7pm with limited availability each concert.
Top Tip: Fête Nationale/Bastille Day is Thursday 14 July, concert starts at 8.30pm and later that evening there are fireworks in the bay of Juan les Pins.