After a week of rain on and off, it’s time to get out and about and enjoy some of the region’s activities and events.
Here are my suggestions for 4 family-friendly things to do on the French Riviera this weekend:
1. Monte Carlo Gastronomie Festival
On all weekend, there are plenty of exhibitors with goodies for parents to sample and buy such as organic teas, fine wines, truffles, cured meats, smoked salmon and cheese.
Don’t put off visiting this food show with your kids – they will love the food from exhibitors such as gelato maker Gez Italia, the cookies from Baghi’s, the chocolate truffle bon bons from Sgambelluri , chocolates from Maison Auer and nougat from Nougaterie Cévenole.
More info : www.montecarlogastronomie.com/en/
2. Ciné-Récré in Nice – All weekend at various Nice cinemas
Ciné-Récré is a mini film festival for children with films screened at cinemas in Nice for just €3 a ticket for kids aged 3-12 years and their accompanying adult.
Participating cinemas and information about film schedules can be found at their websites:
- Cinémathèque : Acropolis – 3, esplanade Kennedy 06300 Nice – www.cinematheque-nice.com
- Mercury : 16, place Garibaldi 06300 Nice – www.mercury-cg06.fr
- Pathé Lingostière : 604, route de Grenoble 06200 Nice – www.cinemaspathe.com
- Pathé Masséna : 31, avenue Jean Médecin 06000 Nice – www.cinemaspathe.com
3. Tchico et le Trésor de Barbe Noire in Nice – Sunday 27 November at 11am
A theatre production for young children. After the disappearance of the renowned pirate Barbe Noire (Black Beard), an ex member of the crew, Robin Sea the cruel, decides to go in search of his priceless treasure, with the wise advice of a mysterious parrot named Tchico. This one will take him on an adventure filled with unexpected developments combining plots, battles, jokes and curious encounters.
Bookings via: http://www.spectacles.fr/salle/theatre-bellecour-nice (go to ‘Aout 2016’)
4. Christmas Market in Tourrette-Levens – All weekend
It’s not yet December but the French Riviera Christmas markets are starting to open for the year’s festive season. This weekend, Tourrette-Levens is hosting their annual Christmas market from 10am-6pm in the Salle des Fêtes and village. Pop along to see Father Christmas, Christmas stands and eat roasted chestnuts and crepes.