The city of Nice has launched a recruitment drive to find volunteers for UEFA Euro 2016 which will be held in France from 10 June to 10 July 2016.
The role of volunteers
There is a need for around 560 volunteers to help across 17 sectors including spectator services, media relations, VIP services, transport, marketing, ticketing etc.
Volunteers will welcome, inform and direct supporters and tourists with a big focus on the Fan Zones in the heart of Nice.
Where are the Fan Zones in Nice for Euro 2016?
There are 2 dedicated Fan Zones – one is situated between Théatre de Verdure and Jardins Albert 1er and has a capacity to host 10,000 people on the evenings of the matches with 2 giant screens relaying live coverage and restaurants onsite. The other Fan Zone is a 8000sqm area on quai des États-Unis.
What are the dates of the matches in Nice?
There will be 4 matches played in Nice at Stade de Nice / Allianz Riviera (CAPACITY: 36,000). The dates are:
- 12 June 2016
- 17 June 2016
- 22 June 2016
- 27 June 2016
5 Facts about UEFA Euro 2016
- There will be 54 teams at qualifying, with 24 teams in the final stages.
- The mascot is called Super Victor and is a small boy with a cape and magic shoes – keep a look out for #MascotteDay events leading up to the matches. You can also follow him on Twitter @SuperVictor
- Around 2.5 million spectators will watch the matches in the stadiums in France, with each match estimated to attract 150 million television viewers from 230 countries.
- Nice is one of 10 cities that will host the final phase matches. The other host cities are Bordeaux, Lens Agglo, Lille Métropole, Lyon, Marseille, Paris, Saint-Denis, Saint-Étienne and Toulouse.
- The Ambassador for Nice is Daniel Bravo, winner of UEFA EURO 1984.
Did you know?
Cannes will be a team base camp and training location. See here: https://teambasecampseuro2016.uefa.ch/team-base-camps/cannes/training-ground#top
Criteria to become a volunteer:
- You must be aged 18 as at 01 April 2016.
- You must be available for the 4 Nice match dates
- You must be fluent in French with a good level of English
Important steps to become a volunteer:
- Pre-register your interest by sending an email to email@example.com
- Attend the Volunteers Meeting at MAMAC (Musée d’art modern et d’art contemporain) in Nice on 15 January 2016.
- After the Volunteers Meeting, if you are still interested reconfirm your interest by sending another email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important note for persons with reduced mobility:
All matches will be accessible for all spectators under criteria from UEFA and CAFE (Centre pour l’access au football en Europe). If you need specific advice regarding accessibility in Nice for the matches, transport, accommodation or Fan Zones please contact me via email: email@example.com
Weblink: UEFA Euro 2016 – Nice info