Cannes has many summer events and festivals happening so if you are in town as a tourist or you are a local looking to find out what’s happening in one place – read on!
From classical concerts to dance parties on the beach, traditional festivals to trendy art exhibitions there is something for all interests and budgets.
My top 5 picks for free Cannes events:
- Festival d’Art Pyrotechnique (free fireworks displays – various dates)
- Cine-Quartier (free open-air cinema screenings – various dates and locations)
- Anniversaire de la Libération de Cannes (WWI commemoration with military parade, ball and fireworks – 24 August)
- Pages a la Plage (book lending library at Plage Macé – until the end of August. Note: €10 refundable bond/caution must be given to borrow books)
- Night market at Cannes Vieux Port (Thursday evenings)
The full programme is viewable here: http://fr.calameo.com/read/003153773ddce970f6b5a?authid=qHX5UBPofCVL