Today marks the opening night of the annual Nice Jazz Festival which runs from 08 July to 12 July 2014.
The programme looks great, and in a continuation from previous years the line-up includes an eclectic mix of jazz, funk, classic rock, blues and soul to reach out to more concert attendees.
A few years ago the festival was held at the Cimiez gardens, a historical site with amphitheatre, but a decision was made to move the festival to a more central and accessible location at Place Masséna.
Place Masséna is located near to the Old Town of Nice, with good transport links and carparking options.
Tickets can be purchased from FNAC, Carrefour, Géant Casino supermarkets, or designated ticket booths at Place Massena will sell tickets during the festival between 9am-11pm.
My Nice Jazz Festival tips:
- Take the family – kids under 10 years are free.
- Reduced ticket prices exist for students, persons with reduced mobility and their accompanying companion, 16-25 year olds, and seniors with photo identification.
- Love jazz AND art? 8 art galleries in Nice are holding exhibitions in conjunction with the festival honouring the theme ‘Energie and Légendes’ with displays of photography, painting, sculpture and graphic design. See the gallery list here http://nicejazzfestival.fr/fr/njf-art
- The festival has accessible entry points for persons with reduced mobility, and designated viewing areas at Thêatre Verdure for wheelchair-bound attendees – for a map of the festival layout, click here MapNiceJazzFest
I’m pretty excited about the line-up – some great new acts, and a few that will reignite memories including Dr John, De La Soul and ‘Smoke on the Water’ by Deep Purple, you would have to live under a rock if you don’t know that riff!
My Top 5 festival picks are:
- Electro Deluxe – Wednesday 09 July
- Metronomy – Wednesday 09 July
- Deep Purple – Thursday 10 July
- Cody ChestnuTT – Friday 11 July
- De La Soul Live Band – Saturday 12 July
Like reading my blog? Please retweet this blog post, share and spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
Pingback: All that Jazz ! Amazing bands in Nice 08 July ...