I like living in France because they hold many festivals celebrating music, national icons, food, wine, local traditions etc
There is always something to attend, and I like learning about the food here and also history.
On Saturday 31 August, the Tourism Office in St-Laurent du Var is holding the 27th Fête du Terroir at the Parc Layet (the park facing the Town Hall/Mairie).
This is a free event (accessible for baby buggies/strollers, and/or wheelchair users) and is held from 10am-7pm. Here are some of the attractions, though unfortunately I could not source exact timings:
– French celebrities Eve Angeli from television show 80’s to today will MC (at 5pm), and Candice Pascal from the French show ‘Dance with the Stars’ who will give dance demonstrations.
– Sales of regional food products including fruit, vegetables, breads, cheeses
– Dance demonstrations of folk dancing, Boogie Woogie and Bachata
– Workshops on bread-making, butter-churning and cheese-making
– Workshops on sculptures of fruit and vegetables
– Workshops of arts, crafts, seed-planting for children
– Goat milking
– Painting and sculpture exhibition
– Inflatable castle for children
– Carousel for children
– Horse and cart rides for children (may be some cost)
– Mini farm with chickens, goats, sheep, rabbits, ducks
– Treasure hunt* in Parc Layet (*note: for children 7-11 years old, all children must be accompanied and reservations at the Tourism Office until 30 August).
– Onsite restaurant run by the local Lions Club
If you are traveling to St-Laurent du Var via train or the bus number 200, the park is approximately 15 minutes walk from the St-Laurent du Var train station stop. Or you can take bus number 51 (Lignes Azur) from the train station, dismount at stop ‘Rives d’Or’ and it is a 5-minute walk from there. If you are driving, there are ample parking areas around the park and Tourism Office (including designated disabled parking outside the Town Hall and Tourisme Office using the blue disc).
What: Fête du Terroir
Where: Parc Layet, St-Laurent du Var
When: Saturday 31 August, 10am-7pm