Fait Maison is a lovely boutique with goodies to help with your child’s crafting adventure, or somewhere to find a nice homemade gift. They also have a bonus of an onsite arts and craft workshop for children.
The gift shop stocks homemade toys, decor items and accessories, as well as creative kits for arts and crafts projects (build your own dollhouse, castle etc).
In addition, if you need assistance with custom-made decorations for your next party or special occasion don’t hesitate to talk to them as they are happy to work with you based on your colour scheme and ideas.
Downstairs, they run children’s arts and craft workshops in small groups (maximum of 4 children in the 3-4 years age group; maximum of 6 children in the 5-12 years age group). Parents are invited to join and there is a tea/coffee area for parents or caregivers during the workshop. There is a toilet and sink located in the workshop.
For parents with baby strollers/buggies, the boutique is closed during workshops so you can fold up your stroller and leave it there onsite.
Examples of the fun workshops they hold:
- Decorating puppets
- Carnival mask-making
- Archaeological digs – make your own fossil!
- Special events crafts – Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day etc
- 3-4 year age group Crafternoons = 12 euros per session
- Saturday workshops = 12 euros per session
- 9-12 year age group Crafternoons = 15 euros per session
- Wednesday workshops = 15 euros per session
- They also hold Holiday workshops – see their website for further details
Location: 15, rue de L’Oratoire (right beside place aux Aires in the Old Town)
For directions and workshop details, visit their website: www.faitmaisongrasse.com
Update: As at May 2014, Fait Maison is in the process of moving overseas so sadly the shop will close soon! Best of luck to them.